Panettones are a Christmas classic. Enjoy this delicious treat in miniature version with our easy to follow recipe, below.
Making traditional Christmas recipes can involve a lot of different flavour and spices and more importantly, you want good quality. It makes such a huge difference.
That’s why I very strongly recommend Steenbergs organic spice and herb gift set. It has all the spices and herbs you need for excellent holiday cooking and baking including ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sea salt and several more and it is entirely organic.
Makes a great gift or perfect to keep for yourself too!
For The Panettones You’ll Need:
- 300g plain flour
- 10g easy bake yeast
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (I recommend Taylor and Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste 65 g (Pack of 2))
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 60g caster sugar
- 80g sultanas
- 40-50g candied orange peel
- Flaked almonds for decorating
- 8-10 muffin cases
- 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 120ml warm milk
- 125g softened, unsalted butter
- A little bit of extra milk for brushing your dough balls
- Gently warm your milk in a saucepan and dissolve your caster sugar in it. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your flour, yeast, cinnamon, sea salt, and ginger.
- Add your whole egg and extra yolk, as well as your milk and sugar mix to the flour and work with your hands to combine into a dough
- Cover with cling film and leave to rest until doubled in size, usually 45-60 minutes
- Work the softened butter, sultanas and orange peel into your dough with your hands. It should become quite sticky. Make sure the fruit gets spread evenly.
- Divide the mixture into 8-10 equal balls and place in muffin cases on a baking sheet or in a muffin tray.
- Cover with cling film and leave to rise for about 45-50 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 190C (or 170C fan assisted)
- Uncover your mini panettones and brush with milk, and press a few flaked almonds into the top of each of them.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes until fully risen and golden brown.
Join Home Bake Box today and get something new and fun to bake every single month. Hundreds of boxes have already gone out to our happy baking lovers. Don’t miss out! Click here to find out more!