St Patrick’s Day – on 17 March every year – celebrates the foremost patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick (yes, really!)
The Irish know how to party, and even if they didn’t, there is no reason to not jump in get creative in the kitchen.
We have rounded up some of the best, most creative St Patrick’s Day baking ideas for you to try out so lack of inspiration is definitely not an excuse!
Try a few of these, and let us know how you get along.
St Patrick’s Day is synonymous with green so expect a lot of that, a lot of lime and a lot of mint. And a lot of chocolate too, because well….chocolate.
So let’s get started
- 18 Delicious St Patrick’s Day Baking Ideas
- 1. Pot Of Gold Cupcakes
- 2. Mint Oreo Cupcakes
- 3. Leprechaun Treasure Cupcakes
- 4. Chocolate Mint Pinwheel Cookies
- 5. Green Velvet Cake Pops
- 6. St Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifle
- 7. Peak-A-Boo St Patrick’s Day Pound Cake
- 8. St Patrick’s Day Green And White Bundt Cake
- 9. Green Pistachio Bread With Almond Icing
- 10. Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 11. Pistachio White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
- 12. St Patrick’ Day Oreos
- 13. St Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- 14. St Patrick’s Day Rainbow Donuts
- 15. Mint Blondie Bars
- 16. Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 17. Traditional Irish Apple Cake With Custard Sauce
- 18. St Patrick’s Day Dessert Pizza [easy-tweet tweet=”St Patricks Day #DessertPizza!” user=”@homebakebox” usehashtags=”no” hashtags=”#Foodporn”]
- Love these recipes? Why not share them!
- Can’t Find The Ingredients You Need?
18 Delicious St Patrick’s Day Baking Ideas
1. Pot Of Gold Cupcakes
These brilliant pot of gold cupcakes – or technically pot-of-gold-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow cupcakes – are easy to make, fun to decorate, are perfectly suited to the theme of St Patrick’s Day and you can adapt to your own taste exactly as you want. Vanilla, coffee, Bailey’s, mint, lime – literally whatever flavour you want!
2. Mint Oreo Cupcakes
If you are fortunate enough to find yourself some mint flavoured Oreos then these are an absolute treat. Although to be fair with a bit of mint extract and green food colour, plain Oreos will work just as well!
3. Leprechaun Treasure Cupcakes
Take a cupcake plunger (or a spoon), scoop out the middle of your cupcakes, fill with whatever chocolates, sugar or sweets you want, frost and enjoy!
4. Chocolate Mint Pinwheel Cookies
Chocolate and mint – and brown and green – are not only perfect for St Patrick’s Day, but you can switch around flavours and colours and adapt this recipe for any time of year!
5. Green Velvet Cake Pops
I have ALWAYS struggled with getting cake pops right, but this recipe breaks it down step by step, and they are virtually foolproof to make!
6. St Patrick’s Day Brownie Trifle
Ok so technically this is mostly a no-bake recipe, but brownie, mint Oreos, frosting, pistachio pudding – you can’t really go wrong!
7. Peak-A-Boo St Patrick’s Day Pound Cake
Slice up this traditional cake to unveil a fun green cake clover on the inside.
8. St Patrick’s Day Green And White Bundt Cake
Packed full of bright colour and sprinkles, these are like their own little party on a plate!
9. Green Pistachio Bread With Almond Icing
Tasty, moist, light and fluffy but not too sweet. The almond icing glaze gives it that perfect accent of both crunch and a little bit more sweetness.
10. Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
The more ways you can come up with to combine mint, green and chocolate, the better as far as I’m concerned. Taking ‘ordinary’ chocolate chip cookies and minting them up is heavenly.
11. Pistachio White Chocolate Pudding Cookies
A beautiful, all natural shade of pistachio green with the subtle flavours of vanilla and white chocolate work beautifully with these soft, chewy cookies.
12. St Patrick’ Day Oreos
If you are a bit time-pressed, you can just take Oreos (ideally mint-stuffed if you can get them!), dip them in white chocolate dyed green and sprinkle with emerald green and white. It takes literally 2 minutes to make, a few minutes to let the chocolate set and you’re good to go!
13. St Patrick’s Day Mint Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
These are so quick and easy to make – and a very nice twist on traditional Rice Krispie squares – you don’t need to restrict to yourself to one occasion a year!
14. St Patrick’s Day Rainbow Donuts
I’m not going to lie to you – I find making donuts extremely hard! If you do too then you can use plain store-bought donuts (like I probably would) and decorate them yourselves like this. But if you’re feeling ambitious, go ahead and try baking them too!
15. Mint Blondie Bars
Delicious, soft, gooey blondies with a hint of mint and decked out with all shades of green candies. Easy to make, hard to resist!
16. Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
We’ve covered cakes, cookies, donuts, cupcakes, cake pops, brownies (well technically blondies) so we couldn’t leave out the humble pancake. Try this mint green and chocolate chip version for breakfast.
17. Traditional Irish Apple Cake With Custard Sauce
We have covered a lot of mint, a lot of pistachio, a lot of green and a lot of chocolate. If none of those appeal to you then we’ve still managed to find something up your street – try this traditional Irish apple cake!
I think I saved the best for last on this list! This Dessert Pizza is a biscuit or cookie base, filled with chocolate mousse, topped with whipped cream, Bailey’s, mint chocolate and lots of green. It looks fantastic, tastes delicious and is an absolute show stopper!
[easy-social-share buttons=”facebook,twitter,pinterest” counters=0 style=”button” template=”flat-retina” nospace=”yes” fullwidth=”yes”]
Can’t Find The Ingredients You Need?
Not all of these ingredients are easy to find, so if you have picked up a recipe you like but not sure where to find the ingredients, if you live in the USA or the UK, we have got you covered thanks to Amazon.
We’ve managed to seek out where you can get some of the key ingredients for the above recipes!
If you’re in the UK (all links are to Amazon.co.uk):
- Mint Oreos: Click here
- Mint Green M&M’s: Click here
- Do not forget the Bailey’s: Click here
- Pistachio Pudding Mix: Click here
- Mint Chocolate Food Flavouring: Click here
- Mint Green Food Colouring Paste: Click here
If you’re in the USA (all links are to Amazon.com):